Across the country, thousands rallied in support of the Second Amendment, and hundreds turned out in Sacramento at the State Capitol, protesting against stricter gun control measures.
State elected officials will have their annual salaries cut by thousands of dollars starting next month, but the reductions approved by a panel in May could be reversed once the budget deficit ends.
Protestors delivered 75,000 petitions to the governor’s office Thursday, urging him to reconsider health care cuts.
Authorities have arrested a 21-year-old man for vandalizing the Capitol, the state treasurer’s office and Sacramento City Hall.
California lawmakers return to the Capitol this week to begin an election-year session complicated by the state’s ongoing multibillion dollar budget deficit.
Actress Bo Derek won’t be ordering shark-fin soup anytime soon.
With 10 days left before California starts a new fiscal year, Democratic and Republican lawmakers on Monday turned to Gov. Jerry Brown for his next move.
CHP officers had to use a stun gun to subdue a man who allegedly threw a punch at them only minutes after demanding to see the governor.
The largest handmade California flag is on display today at the State Capitol.
Fire fighters believe a mattress caught fire inside a studio apartment sending residents running from the building and one man to the hospital.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts