Taxpayers paid to fly state employees from Southern California to Sacramento, where they went bowling when their plane landed, and our “On The Money” cameras caught them red handed.
The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association is releasing findings after poring over state worker pay between 2005 and 2010.
Working and retired state employees were grilling more than hotdogs at their annual Labor Day picnic on Monday. They were also grilling a decision by state lawmakers to approve the biggest cutback in their benefits in state history.
Gov. Jerry Brown unveiled details of his pension proposal Thursday that seeks to move new California state workers to a hybrid system where guaranteed benefits are combined with a 401(k)-style plan and would raise the retirement age from 55 to 67 for civil workers, as union leaders lined up to oppose his plans.
The SEIU, California’s most powerful state worker’s union, is under attack from the inside out, but members say they’re giving themselves a pay raise.
The Senate has approved six labor contracts covering more than 50,000 prison guards, engineers, scientists and other state workers even as some lawmakers expressed concern that they do not save as much money as originally hoped.
A California watchdog agency on Thursday called on the governor and Legislature to freeze pension benefits for current state and local government workers and overhaul the existing system, as the debate over retirement benefits for public employees has exploded nationwide.
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts