Kathleen Conti is pleased the senate passed SB131. The Stockton woman says she was abused by a Jehovah’s Witness leader when she was a teenager, and a family member also became a victim.
Money troubles have the Diocese of Stockton considering filing for bankruptcy in the wake of child sex-abuse lawsuit settlments
A visiting priest from Colombia has been arrested on suspicion of sexual battery and molestation of a minor in Yuba City, according to the Diocese of Stockton.
The civil lawsuit accusing a Central Valley priest of child abuse is continuing despite the fact that the priest has fled to his native Ireland.
A Catholic priest who was held liable in a civil trial earlier this month of sexually molesting an altar boy in the 1980s has fled the country, according to the Stockton Diocese.
A former Stockton priest who was defrocked for molesting children and whose story was made into an award-winning documentary on sex abuse in the Catholic church has been sentenced to three years behind bars on child porn charges in Ireland.
The Roman Catholic diocese in Stockton has settled two more lawsuits involving a defrocked priest who spoke openly in a 2006 documentary about molesting children.
A defrocked California priest made notorious by an award-winning documentary on sex abuse in the Catholic church has been detained by Irish authorities on child pornography charges, police said Monday.