University of California medical center workers began a two-day strike Tuesday that could involve thousands of employees and prompted postponement of some surgeries.
A judge affirmed on Monday that some workers at the five largest University of California medical centers, including UC Davis, can go on a planned two-day strike starting Tuesday.
As unions and administrators continue to negotiate a contract, 13,000 workers ranging from MRI techs to orderlies will walk off the job next Tuesday and Wednesday, including at U.C. Davis.
Hostess Brands says it is going out of business, closing plants that make Twinkies and Wonder Bread and laying off all of its 18,500 workers.
A strike at Raley’s is over after workers and the company reached a tentative agreement on a new contract.
There are new questions being raised about whether workers at Raley’s really support their strike or if union bosses are orchestrating the walkout.
A northern California labor union says contracts talks with Raley’s supermarkets have broken down and a strike has been called.
Raley’s workers say they are fed up with the supermarket’s latest offer and they’re ready to strike.
Some unexpected lightning storms rattled the Sacramento-area early Thursday.
Raley’s workers are one step closer to walking off the job after voting “yes” to authorize a strike.
The latest round of negotiations between California State University and its faculty union over a new contract has broken down with no new talks scheduled.
The Wednesday strike being called by anti-Wall Street demonstrators in Oakland is getting a big boost from organized labor.
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Long Live The Kings Rally Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts