Two brothers watched in amazement Monday as a tornado tore through their yard, lifting a barn in the air and sending a boat 100 feet.
There was little time to prepare before a tornado dropped out of the sky in Elk Grove and tore through a neighborhood Monday, damaging dozens of homes.
The five tornadoes that touched down across Northern California this week tied a single-day record dating to 1996, the National Weather Service said Tuesday.
A tornado touched down just south of Yuba City on Monday afternoon and there was also a reported touchdown in Yuba County and damage from a funnel cloud in Elk Grove as the first weather system of the season pounded the Sacramento Valley with hail, lightning and fierce winds.
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for northern Yuba County and south Central Butte County. The cell is located just north of Loma Rica
A CBS13 viewer captured the tornado as it roared through San Joaquin County damaging power lines, roofing, and Valentine Gutierrez’s shop.
Troy D. sent in this photo of a tornado near Ord bend in Butte County.
Click here to donate to the Red Cross and help tornado victims in Missouri.
The National Weather Service says a strong burst of wind that ripped off a roof and downed power lines in Santa Rosa was a small tornado.
A tornado with wind speeds of more than 100 miles per hour rolled through two miles of El Dorado County on Tuesday, damaging a commercial building, power lines, and a number of helpless trees.
- Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings
- Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... Famous Fans of Star Wars
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts