Tour of California
Always close to the front but never first at the end, Tejay van Garderen would often wear himself out wondering if he could swap the white jersey that goes to the best young rider for the yellow one that goes to the winner.
When the Tour of California raced through this quaint Danish-style village in the wine country above Santa Barbara, thousands of cycling fans followed to cheer a sport they still love for all its flaws.
Ben Swift of Great Britain emerged from a massive sprint finish and took the lead Monday after winning the 76.7-mile, weather-shortened and rainy opening stage of the Tour of California.
The start of the Tour of California was wiped out Sunday because of snow, forcing organizers to cut the event from eight to seven stages.
Officials have still not decided whether the unusually cold temperatures forecasted for the first stage of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California will cause any changes to the route.
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- New Kings Arena Renderings Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts