A team led by a nurseryman from northern Michigan and his sons has raced against time for two decades, snipping branches from some of the world’s biggest and most durable trees with plans to produce clones that could restore ancient forests and help fight climate change.
To plant a garden is to believe in the future. Some planning, preparation and a little dirt and sweat generally result in a very nice payoff when the garden begins to bloom. Starting with quality seeds and starter plants is crucial to the process. In an area as garden friendly as Sacramento and the surrounding foothill regions, where do you find the plants and advice that you need?
The second round of a wet, windy storm is moving across Northern California, bringing with it localized flooding, knocking down trees and snarling traffic on the roads.
When a call came in last week to a San Mateo County emergency dispatch center that a dog had climbed 30 feet up a tree in Atherton and couldn’t get down, no one believed it.
Sacramento City is spending more than $200,000 to re-plant trees that a city department cut down along the American River Parkway last year.
- Your Memorial Day Tributes News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts