As a small-business owner, Ken Gilmore loves serving veterans coffee and donuts at the V.A. Medical Center on Mather Field. As he continues to recover from two heart attacks, he faces another major setback: After 15 years, the V.A. is pushing his coffee business out and bringing in a Starbucks instead.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is still killing off veterans by mistake, according to a congressman from California, a CBS13 Call Kurtis investigation has learned.
For decades, many veterans serving in the military have been entitled to medical benefits once they retire — a reward for their sacrifice and dedication to the nation. But a CBS13 Call Kurtis investigation is […]
Carpino went 11 years through appeals with the Oakland VA to get his 100 percent disability approved.
The Veterans Affairs Department says it has discovered 102 more headstones or markers on the wrong graves and 21 graves in need of markers in the cemeteries under its management.
- 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts