It should be noted that I barely scratched the surface in the amount of highly diverse film festivals found here in good ol’ Sacramento. If the four that I recommend does not feast your eyes, then I suggest looking up the following:
– NextGen Film Fest
– Movies on the Big Screen
– Auburn’s Placer Performing Arts Center
– Bicycle Film Festival
– Sacramento Alliance of Film Festival, which includes the following:
– Sacramento French Film Festival
– Sacramento Jewish Film Festival
– Sacramento Japanese Film Festival
– Sacramento International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
– Sacramento Horror Film Festival
– And any indie projects made by film students at California State University, Sacramento & The Art Institute of California – Sacramento.
Stefanie Patten is a CBS13/CW31 Creative Services intern, a graduate of Sacramento State’s film production program and president of the Hornet Film Society.