SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Police announced new details about a man who, they say, has been repeatedly attacking women for years, with the latest attacks in Sacramento.
In a press conference Tuesday morning, police said the man who allegedly sexually assaulted two women in Natomas has also been linked, through DNA and other forensic evidence, to seven other attacks occurring in Vallejo, Martinez, Davis, Chico, and Rohnert Park over the last 15 years. Prior to the attack in the Natomas area, the last DNA link to the suspect was found in Davis in 2000.READ MORE: Person Suspected Of Shooting At Roseville Police Officer After Attempted Traffic Stop
During the press conference, police also released new composite sketches and a photo of the man. They say the suspect uses force, and often uses a weapon to assault his victims. Detectives also noted that the suspect has been narrowing his attacks to Asian women and women of small stature. He allegedly stalks his victims before attacking them.
Last week, Natomas residents say they saw detectives in the neighborhood.READ MORE: Big Rig Ends Up Perched Precariously On Guardrail After Crash On I-5 In Woodland
“My husband spoke to the detective and he said as the girls were packing. They found more items they thought had DNA on it,” said a Natomas resident.
Businesses in the area have posted fliers in hopes of catching the suspect. Some managers are worried about the safety of their workers.
Local detectives are working alongside investigators from agencies where the suspect committed crimes in order to track the suspect down. The suspect was reportedly last seen driving a white, Toyota 4-Runner with rear tinted windows and possibly a roof rack.MORE NEWS: Sacramento Mother Of 4 Killed After Stopping To Help Pedestrian Who Had Also Been Hit
Police believe there could be more victims.