SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Angela Morris’ daughter, Mariah, can no longer walk.

“I need you to move my left leg so it’s straight,” said Mariah, who uses a wheelchair.

Mariah’s left arm and leg are paralyzed. In just the last two weeks, the walk from her seat in the living room to her playhouse outside has become impossible without her mom. The cancerous tumor Mariah has fought since she was four forced her into a wheelchair just before Christmas.

“It gets me around. It’s the only way I can go places,” said Mariah.

Now the 6th grader is forced to stay home.

“I woke up the next morning and it was gone,” said Mariah’s mother, Angela Morris.

Someone stole their car, which was parked out in front of their home. Inside was Angela’s purse, school books, and Mariah’s wheelchair.

“Just to know that it’s missing is heartbreaking,” said Angela.

The wheelchair was in the trunk of the car, so the thief maybe didn’t see it right away, but Angela says that whoever took her car got a big clue who they were victimizing.

“I have pictures of me and her in my car, you know, said Angela. They can see that she’s bald; they could see she’s ill.”

“They don’t care about anyone but themselves,” said Mariah.

Yet, the little girl who’s already been through so much continues to see a good world.

Her mom has a message to the people who decided to rob her daughter of exploring the world: “…shame on you!”

Angela’s car is a 2003 white, 4-door Nissan Altima with a spoiler. It has California license plate number 5BSF249.

If you’re interested in helping Mariah, you can send your contact information to her family via the form below.

Comments (16)
  1. Rod and Fiona Meskell says:

How can I help? I can donate a wheelchair. We own a Medical Equipment store.

1. Katie says:

Thank you Rod and Fiona. Please contact Angela’s best friend, Katie at 916-532-7384. Again, thank you for your kind heartedness and generosity, and we hope you have a good New Year’s.

2. Charles Ferris says:

Rod and Fiona,
      May we contribute?

3. Amy Easter Bianchini says:

Thank you from her friends and family so much! You have no idea how this will help!

2. Elliott the Cat says:

Bet it was stolen by a Black Guy 18-30 years old 5 ft 10 175 lbs w/Raiders Jersey and hat backwards ?

3. Angie Heinz says:

The kindness of strangers will prevail!

1. darlene broom says:

darlene when n i heard the news that her wheel chair was stolen my thoughts prayers hope they get her car back soon i hope they find her car i cryed i hope she countuing to go to her docters appoiments i9 hope the catch that person oh did this to this girl and her mother

4. dave says:

From something so sad comes something so great as Rod & Fiona Meskell. God bless them. They restore the faith we lose when we read stories like this.

5. darlene broom says:

when i heard the news that her wheel chair was stolen my thoughts prayers hope they get her car back soon i hope they find her car i cryed i hope she countuing to go to her docters appoiments i9 hope the catch that person oh did this to this girl and her mother

6. Paul Maxson says:

I know in my heart I am being called to help you, I sent you my private info.

7. Amy Easter Bianchini says:

What a great response so far. Please, anyone who can help with a vehicle so that Angela can take Mariah to all her doctor appointments. Was also wondering if anyone was familiar with Children’s Miracle Network or involved with Bayside Church. I know Bayside has numerous support programs. Any help financially or medically is so appreciated!

8. Jennifer says:

What a-holes! I can’t believe people will steal from a sick little girl. I can’t offer any monetary donations but I can offer many prayers of support.

9. Dawn M. Horton says:

Thank you grandmom Charla, you can show the love you have in helping others. What you did was phenomenal. Thank you so much for helping this special little girl.

10. Mkshay says:

Elliott the cat should read idiot not cat! Why do u have to bring any negative energy to a unfortunate situation? I am so glad this world has so many kind people still in it. Good luck to this angel of a child and her family!!

11. Brett Minkin says:

Hi. sorry i gave you the wrong email address. its hammondorgboi@aol.com