CONCORD (CBS) — The high-profile commander for the Central Contra Costa Narcotics Enforcement Team – a task force of various police agencies – was arrested Wednesday on felony charges of drug dealing, authorities told KPIX-TV in San Francisco.

Special Agent Supervisor Norman Wielsch, a 12-year veteran of the California Department of Justice’s Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement, was being held in the Contra Costa County Jail following his arrest.

“Allegations are that he was distributing for sales methamphetamine, marijuana and steroids,” said Michelle Gregory, a state DOJ spokesperson.

Wielsch was arrested without incident along with 49-year-old Christopher Butler of Concord, Gregory said.

Like Wielsch, Butler is also facing several felony counts related to the selling of methamphetamines, marijuana and steroids.

“There are still going to be follow-up investigations so there may be more charges forthcoming,” said Gregory.

Wielsch was placed on unpaid leave and would remain so as long as he is in custody, said Gregory. “The internal affairs department and the criminal investigation side will both be investigating,��� she added.

(© 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments (25)
  1. Nandon says:

About time they nab their own CORRUPT officials!!!! PST!!!!

2. Squash says:

You are a disgrace to the badge on your shirt!!!! Someone rip it off please….
    Rot in Jail for the criminal you are!!!

3. Badtothe Bonz says:

Modestopalboxing.net , wouldlike to say shame on you ocifer

4. Elena Salazar says:

Let’s see if this commander will be prosecuted like any other civilian…….Fat Chance!!! That’s what wrong with our judicial system. These people are held to a higher standard, and should be punished appropriately.

5. SnowSquatch says:

Just another corrupt A-hole officer who’s going to get off scott-free and not have to pay for his crimes. Just look at Sac Sheriffs,Roseville P.D. for examples of corrupt officers and agency cover ups. Makes me ashamed for wanting to be in law enforcement. Maybe I’ll just be a garbage man. At least I’ll have my dignity.

6. jb says:

well there is proof we need to pay our officers more…..

7. Joe Acosta says:

These are the same officers that pull us over with no regard issued to us from societies hustle and bustle a ticket sign hear to appear and they don’t

8. Brenda says:

For all of you with such low opinions of law enforement, you should think twice before you call 911 next time. I would hate for one of the harding working, law abidding officers, who risk their life on a daily basis, have to help you in your time of need.

9. jose says:

jaaaaa it’s all coming to light, one of his neighbors told me he was under investigation, jijiji I knew all along compa chuy, you had to much money in your bank account pendejo ! : ) hey at least you wont have to worry about our economy or arresting thugs for some time, jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa jokes on you !

10. Bo says:

Amen, I agree with you. So people listen up.

11. Sealgaire says:

furloughs make it tough!

12. Donna says:

Not much difference between the criminal and those who “enforce” the laws. Watch his brotheren turn on him like rabid dogs

13. FBUser says:

Shame on him!! I imagine how many more of these cases might be that we never ever know about!

14. Pat says:

Last time I read the constitution, you are innocent until proven guilty. If and when he is found guilty, I hope he rots in prison; however, until then, he is innocent. I assume that none of you have ever been accused of something you haven’t done?

15. Stev says:

I am 24 hours from being homeless, I have never broken a law other than a traffic violation. We have people in power that have broken more laws than most of you can think of. Take back America. FUCC The leaders of the free world, look at Egypt, they had thier say and he is gone, we need a clean sweep in America, law maker is another term for crook with a cause, elected official is another term for no better choice, kick them all out and put Americans in charge of America

16. joe citizen says:

wah wah wah…..he’ll get off…he’ll get off….he wont do any time…he wont do any time…wah wah wah…..give it a rest you loosers…..cant you wait until the trial is over to see what happens to him before you start your whining…..bet everyone of you are as big a criminal as this guy, otherwise you wouldnt be crying like the loosers you sound like.

17. Ronald Knopoff says:

He use to cut it too much …

18. banana phone says:

now let’s count the cases that will be thrown out and overturned because of this pos…. disgusting…

19. me says:

I think before we start jumping all over these cops for their wrongs, we should learn how to read and write English, Has anyone noticed all the grammer mistakes posted so far???

20. Sean says:

Hey, Me, I didn’t want to say anything, but yeah! The grammar in some of these posts is attrocious. Anyway, Stev, the problems in this country are not the politicians’ fault. It’s our fault. How many of you keep track of what your elected officials are doing? At election time when they make claims about what they or their opponents did before, how many of you looked into those claims. If every american was paying rapt attention to what their state and US senators and congressmen/women they way they pay attention to the continuing adventures of Lindsey Lohan, the Kardashians, the Bachelor, and American Idol, we wouldn’t have these problems. We don’t pay attention and they know that. That’s why, despite all of the economic, environmental, and foreign problems we have right now, Congress is wasting time on abortion and gay marriage.

“Hey America! Guess what! We banned gay marriage this year. You’re unemployed with little chance of getting a job, the prisons are letting out criminals by the boatload, gas is getting more expensive everyday, and you can’t afford to go to the doctor and get that lump looked at, but the gays in our state can’t get married thanks to me. That’s a good enough reason to let me keep my job, right.”