ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — One week after a gunman barricaded himself inside a home and allegedly injured six officers, Roseville’s Police chief is opening up to CBS13 about what happened that night and how it could have ended much worse.

READ MORE: Gov. Newsom Proposes Budget That Would Send $600 Stimulus Checks To Two-Thirds Of Californians

The main goals for the department on Oct. 25 were to protect the community, officers, and getting Samuel Nathan Duran to surrender.

“This was one of the most violent situations that Roseville’s ever experienced,” said Chief Daniel Hahn

That night, while he was at home with his family, the chief got the call he fears most.

“We were notified that an officer was injured,” Hahn said.

Duran allegedly shot at officers, first hitting an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent.

“We train for these sort of things all the time, and everybody has their role,” Hahn said.

READ MORE: VIDEO: Crews Battle Broken Natural Gas Line Fire Under Road In Sacramento

Dozens of officers from his department, as well as many others, surrounded the home police say Duran broken into, allegedly shooting again from a window.

One wounded officer quickly turned into two, and then six. The chief learned when he went to the command post that the injured officers stayed by their team’s side.

“Those same people you’re talking about with the blood on their face and the injuries, they kept doing their job,” Hahn said. “They were still dedicated to doing exactly what they were trained to do.”

After nine hours, negotiators convinced Duran to surrender peacefully.

The chief says everyone is slowly moving forward, but it’s difficult knowing that one officer is still in the hospital and can’t go home just yet.

“It’s probably the toughest thing we’ve ever had to experience,” he said.

The officer who remains in the hospital was shot in the jaw, and the chief says that officer is focused on getting healthy and back home.

MORE NEWS: Stimulus Check Update: Will You Get A Fourth Relief Payment?

Duran pleaded not guilty to several attempted murder charges on Friday.