ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — Friends and relatives of a man accused in a Roseville standoff last month were among more than two-dozen arrests made by police in a sweep on Wednesday.READ MORE: Gov. Newsom Proposes Budget That Would Send $600 Stimulus Checks To Two-Thirds Of Californians
Across several counties, 27 people were arrested in the sweep. Police say some of those arrested were accused gang members who allegedly threatened people and tried to interfere with the investigation into October’s standoff.
“There were folks that were quite literally intimidating people from helping us,” said Roseville Police Chief Daniel Hahn. “So as they were attempting to help the officers and trying to locate Duran, they were in various ways being intimidated.”
Don Hopkins says he saw officers hit several homes on his street.READ MORE: VIDEO: Crews Battle Broken Natural Gas Line Fire Under Road In Sacramento
“I didn’t know that intimidation was going on, but if that was going on, I’m glad they arrested them,” he said.
Many who live in the area say it used to be a quiet neighborhood, but they’ve noticed more problems recently. They’re thankful police are cracking down.
“I don’t like something like that going on,” said Albert Sligar. “You never know what is going to happen around here.”
Charges against the suspects rounded up on Wednesday range from drug-related crimes to possession of illegal fireworks and child endangerment.MORE NEWS: Stimulus Check Update: Will You Get A Fourth Relief Payment?
Samuel Nathan Duran, the suspect in October’s standoff, will face two new charges of attempted murder.
- Suspect In Roseville Police Shooting Remains Holed Up Inside Home
- Roseville Police: Federal Agent Was Not Looking For Duran When He Found Suspect
- Neighbors Waited Anxiously Throughout Roseville Standoff Negotiations
- Roseville Homeowner Talks About Escaping With Family Escaping Alleged Cop Shooter
- Cal Fire Battalion Chief In Auburn Arrested On Drug Charges
- Roseville Police Chief Revisits ‘One Of The Most Violent Situations’ In City’s History
- Timeline Of Samuel Nathan Duran Standoff After Alleged Roseville Shooting