CERES (CBS13) — A suspect tried to flee police with a K-9’s jaws locked firmly on his buttocks early Wednesday morning.
Ceres Police say Adam Loux, 31 of Modesto, was driving recklessly around Whitmore Avenue and Moffett Road at about 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday. He accelerated and tried to get away, at one point driving the wrong way on a street and nearly hitting an officer who was joining the pursuit.
When the pursuit moved to Hatch Road, Loux allegedly turned off his headlights and drive into oncoming traffic, weaving between the eastbound and westbound lanes.
Police say Loux hit a tree and pole, then tried to run. An officer warned Loux that he was about to release his K-9, Duke.
Loux apparently had plenty of fight left in him, as he managed to keep running with Duke’s jaws firmly clenched around his buttocks. Duke ended up winning in the end, as Loux would fall while trying to break the K-9’s grip, and officer’s would arrest the suspect.
Loux was treated at a hospital, and booked into Stanislaus County Jail, accused of resisting arrest, assault with a deadly weapon, reckless driving while evading a police officer, being in possession of a controlled substance and violating his probation.
Witnesses are encouraged to contact Officer Joshua Klinge at (209) 538-5700.
Witnesses with video of the incident are also encouraged to contact CBS13.
- 148-Year Sentence For Man Who Forced Couples To Have Sex At Gunpoint
- Gov. Jerry Brown Pardons 3 Facing Deportation, Including Youth Pastor
- Get Your Best Jokes Ready, Cards Against Humanity Hiring Writers
- ‘Threatened’ Homeowner Goes Viral After Calling Police On Hiker
- Police: 14-Year-Old Girl Stabbed Multiple Times By Male Student On First Day Of School