Color Blast Run

READ MORE: 430-Foot Asteroid Expected To Pass By Earth On Monday

“Due to the air quality dangers caused by the King Fire, we are postponing tomorrow’s scheduled Color Blast Run to a later date. We hold the safety of this community as the highest priority and feel we must not risk the health of our community members. We will post the new date for the event on our website as soon as possible. TYFS apologizes for any inconvenience and is available for any questions, 530-541-2445.”

New date to be posted on their website soon:


Still taking place:

Emerald Bay Trail Run

Saturday September 20

Emerald Bay to D.L. Bliss State Park

South Lake Tahoe, CA


Lake Tahoe Water Trail Fall Paddle Day

Saturday September 20

Pope Beach

8 AM

UPDATE Sept. 19: The King Fire is still fierce on the West Slope, but South Lake Tahoe is mostly clear and US 50 is open.  Today we are experiencing gentle winds from the north east and the forecast for tomorrow is wind at 8 mph from the east which should blow what little smoke we have back out of the basin.  Forecast for tomorrow is a high of 79 with 0% chance of rain. So we expect a good day tomorrow for our Fall Paddle Day. Come and join us!


READ MORE: Carjacking And Attempted Robbery In Stockton

Lake in the Sky Airshow

Saturday September 20

Lake Tahoe Airport

8 A.M. – 4 P.M.

UPDATE Sept 19: We are closely monitoring the King Fire along with wind patterns from NOAA, visibility with the FAA and local and State law enforcement. Air show officials have decided to provide FREE admission to all attendees for the 25th Annual Lake in the Sky Air Show this Saturday, September 20th from 8am-4pm at Lake Tahoe Airport.  At this time there are no flight closures and the aerial performances and all on ground activities are still going to occur.  We will continue to closely monitor this situation and provide timely updates.


South Lake Tahoe Moose Lodge Kids’ Fishing Derby

Sunday, September 21

Tahoe Paradise Park’s Lake Baron

7:00 AM


Waiting, but not canceled:


Lake Tahoe Community College

Saturday September 20

9:00 AM

MORE NEWS: Monday's Show Info (11/29/21)

UPDATE: organizers told us they are waiting for a response from fire chief regarding conditions – they will email us and let us know if this will go ahead