SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The suspects accused of shooting three deputies and shooting another man during an attempted carjacking on Friday will face a series of serious charges, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department announced on Saturday.
Marcelo Marquez of Salt Lake City will face two counts of felony murder for the deaths of Sacramento County deputy Danny Oliver and Placer County Det. Mike Davis. He will also face two counts of attempted murder for the attempted carjacking of Anthony Holmes, as well as the shooting of Placer County deputy Jeff Davis.
Janelle Marquez Monroy will face felony attempted murder and two counts of felony carjacking.
- Deadly Day Claims Lives Of Deputies In Sacramento, Placer Counties
- Placer County Sheriff’s Deputy Killed 26 Years To Day Of Father’s On-Duty Death
- Car Salesman In Critical Condition After Attempted Carjacking By Deputy Shooting Suspects
- Manhunt For Deputy Shootings Suspects Throws Auburn Community Into Chaos
- Placer County Sheriff Press Conference Transcript On Death Of Det. Michael Davis Jr.
Both are ineligible for bail. Their first court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.