Ken Rudulph anchors the CBS13 News at 5 am and 6 am, and Good Day Sacramento at 7 am, 8 am, and 9 am.
13 Questions With… Ken Rudulph
- Where did you grow up? I was born in Pocket and grew up in Rancho Cordova (Lancer for life!)
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Day off scenario is no day off. I would be playing some sport with my son, or coaching him and his friends and playing video games after that.
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I decided to be a journalist during my sophomore year in college as I was watching SportsCenter on ESPN right there on my couch I decided to be a sports journalist.
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? My favorite local places to eat are Riverside Clubhouse, Burgers & Brew and Mikuni’s.
- Do you have any pets? We have our first family dog her name is Magic Love Rudulph. She is a German Shepherd and we believe Belgian Malinois mix. We rescued her from Bradshaw Animal Shelter at 4 months old, she is almost a year old now.
- What is your favorite social media platform? I love engaging on Twitter @gooddaykenr. It’s quick and relatively easy.
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? If I did not work in TV News I would be in a van a bus, or an RV touring the country, playing music with my band.
- What is your favorite season? FALL
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? The co-worker I text the most is Courtney Dempsey, and it is always something stupid and silly. We like to laugh.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? On weekdays I wake up at 2:50 am. On weekends I wake up at 7:30 am…so luxurious.
- Why do you love Northern California? I love Northern California because it has EVERYTHING, and it seems to be easier to raise a family here.
- Where was your best vacation ever? Best vacation ever was in Kauai for 2 weeks.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? I love watching all sports in person or on TV. I love sports. Did I mention that I love sports? My teams are The Kings (duh?) The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and The Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Favorite TV show? Movie? My favorite TV show will always be “Dexter”. My favorite movie will always be “Coming To America”.