Lemor Abrams reports Monday-Friday on the CBS13 News at 4 pm, 5 pm, and 6 pm.
13 Questions With… Lemor Abrams
- Where did you grow up? Socal. West Hills/Woodland Hills-yup everyone, I’m a Valley girl. And proud of it!
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Coffee shop hopping. Sac has so many good ones! And maybe some hot yoga when the baby’s napping!
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? The Northridge earthquake. All these reporters descended on our neighborhood! Our water went bad. Neighbors were sharing food. And then there the cameras- and that’s when I knew… that’s just what I want to be doing…telling the stories we’ll later read about in history books.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? A hairbrush. I know that sounds so vain, oh no! But I loved hairbrushes and earrings and was pictured with them way too many times.
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? Hawks Provisions in East Sac. Best food. Love Farm-to-Fork!
- Do you have any pets? Sammy. We rescued him in Santa Monica. So Sammy-Santa Monica. It fit.
- What is your favorite social media platform? Instagram. I don’t know what I’d do without filters! @lemorabrams follow me!
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? I may be a doctor. I love the human body and what we put in it. Although I’ve thought of law school, too. I also love making my case. I believe we all should be able to stand up for ourselves! And know our limits at the same time 😉
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? That time a vicious wildfire in Chico closed in on us… my photog and I thought we were in the clear. When the blaze jumped the road and… lets just say, thank goodness for California firefighters. We love you.
What is your favorite season? Summer! I live for sunshine.
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Shirin Rajaee, Adrienne Moore, Christina Janes, Macy Jenkins, Jen McGraw, Alisa Becerra… it’s a sisterhood. We group text. So I can’t name just one! #newssgirls
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? 5 am. Sometimes 4. Mommy life changes everything. But we power through!
- Why do you love Northern California? The people. Weather. Food. Have I mentioned…Farm. To. Fork. 14- Where was your best vacation ever? Israel. Family’s from there. Got married there. It’s the land of all religions. We try to vacation there every summer!
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? um. Sports. Until free style dance is on the list of professional sports I respectfully don’t want to talk about it.
- Favorite TV show? Movie? The Americans. I’m fascinated with the cold war. Especially now…