BRENTWOOD, Calif. (AP) – A hoverboard burst into flames in a San Francisco Bay Area suburban home, charring a kitchen wall but causing no injuries.

KNTV reports  Tuesday that a Brentwood family was at home Monday night charging the hoverboard, also known as a self-balancing scooter, when the toy started popping and crackling and burst into flames.

READ MORE: Gov. Newsom Issues Emergency Order To Help Recovering Wildfire Counties

The flames charred some tiling and walls along the foyer leading to a bedroom, and the family called firefighters to douse the remnants of the small fire, the station reported.

READ MORE: Sacramento Opens Storm Centers For Homeless This Weekend

About a dozen hoverboards have combusted in 10 states in recent months.

MORE NEWS: Ironman California: Road Closures In Sacramento On Sunday

The Consumer Product Safety Commission is looking into the safety of the entire product line.