FOLSOM (CBS13) – Another hoverboard has caught fire. This one was in the Sacramento area and caused thousands of dollars in damage, say authorities.

On Saturday, firefighters were reportedly called out to a home in the 2000 block of Palomino Court to put out a fire. Firefighters went inside the home and found a new hoverboard self-balancing scooter on fire, according to a statement from the Folsom Fire Department.

READ MORE: Grass Fire Threatens Structures, Forces Evacuations In Elk Grove

Firefighters quickly put out the fire, but not before it caused $5,000 worth of damage.

The hoverboard was plugged into an outlet and was charging using a charger/transformer provided when it ignited.

Reports have surfaced recently of hoverboards catching fire because of faulty batteries and charging systems. The Consumer Product Safety Commission is investigation these fires.

READ MORE: California's Power Grid Operator Urges Residents To Conserve Energy Amid Heat Wave

“CPSC field investigators are actively investigating hoverboard-related fires across the country and will open new cases as they come to our attention. We have purchased boards in the marketplace and we have taken possession of boards that caught fire,” said CPSC Chairman Elliot F. Kaye.

For a list of hoverboard safety tips, go to Consumer Products Safety Commission’s website.

https://twitter.com/SamKbushyan/status/683681412692721664