Macy Jenkins reports Monday-Friday on CBS13 News.
13 Questions With… Macy Jenkins
- Where did you grow up? Los Angeles, California
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? A day trip to San Francisco or Napa Valley!
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I realized that I loved telling people’s stories, and using video to tell the tale keeps things interesting.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? All of the Barbies (I still love them)
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? The Coconut on T – they have the best Thai in the city!
- What is your favorite social media platform? Facebook – my page is Macy Jenkins CBS13.
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? Starring in a hit Broadway musical!
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? The story about Craig Vanderstoep’s 6 children trying to raise money for his cancer treatment with a lemonade stand. (Watch that story HERE.)
- What is your favorite season? Fall- it brings us all things pumpkin, boots, sweaters and my birthday!
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Jennifer McGraw – she texts back quickly and enjoys my memes.
- Why do you love Northern California? We’re close to everything up here, the coast, mountains, wine country. And there are more trees here than in Southern California! So pretty.
- Where was your best vacation ever? My best vacation ever was during college and I took a trip to Rome and Venice, Italy. Rome was extremely majestic and I enjoyed reliving so many historical sites. We saw the Pope! By the time we got to Venice, we’d run out of money so my friends and I slept outside of the airport on a bench in November. We look back laugh about that trip; it built character!
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? In person- I don’t see it often but hockey: the sport has the most lively players. Beach Volleyball during the Olympics!
- Favorite TV show? Movie? Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones; Favorite movie: Miss Congeniality