SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A tense standoff in the Oak Park neighborhood of Sacramento has led to the arrest of an armed man.

The suspect surrendered after multiple agencies, including federal agents, had a home surrounded for nearly six hours on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard near 15th Avenue on Saturday.

At one point, Sacramento police officers said the suspect threw a pipe bomb at them.

Police can’t confirm what set the suspect off, but the man who lives inside the home where the suspect was hiding tells CBS13 the incident began with a domestic dispute.

The 4000 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard was swarmed by law enforcement from Sacramento County for most of Saturday afternoon. Police say the they believe the suspect threw an explosive device at officers after pointing his firearm at them, was inside one of the homes on the block.

“We have confirmed there were two pipe bombs on scene, one was detonated when officers arrived, but we’re not sure whether the secondary pipe bomb was detonated before or after officers arrived,” said Traci Trapani, a spokeswoman for Sacramento Police.

Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between 12th and 16th Streets was closed for several hours.

“I heard ‘boom, boom’ and then we had to evacuate the house,” Daryle Grant said.

Grant was with his daughter when Sacramento police officers ordered him to leave his home.  

“We just saw a bunch of cop cars and was scared I didn’t know what was going on,” said Grant’s daughter Crystal.

Daryle says he’s seen the suspect a few times around the neighborhood and says he mostly keeps to himself.  

“He doesn’t bother anyone, he doesn’t try to come up on you, he’s a people person,” Grant said.

Police say the suspect ran into a friend’s home after threatening officers.

Trapani says the home belongs to friends of the suspect who were inside with him when he ran from police.  

“This was not a hostage situation, the subjects left on their own will,” Trapani said. 

The hostage negotiation team, along with dozens of SWAT officers and federal agents waited outside the home and tried to get the suspect to surrender. The suspect peacefully surrendered to police after about two hours.

Sacramento police confirms no one was injured during the standoff. It’s unclear what charges the suspect could face.