SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Despite multiple injuries, a fire at a Radio Station’s Concert event couldn’t stop the festivities at Discovery Park. According to Sacramento Fire Department, multiple patients were transported with burn injuries and several people were injured after a small stampede of concert-goers panicked after witnesses describe hearing an explosion.
Sacramento Fire Department says the fire started in a vendor booth in the food court, when a deep fryer ignited propane tanks. Several witnesses described an explosion to CBS13 and video footage from the scene showed a charred food booth with melted plastic, ambulances and fire crews on the scene.
Despite the incident, festivities continued at Discovery Park, and the majority of the concertgoers stayed at the show to see Northern California native, E-40 headline the show.