CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – Three people in Carmichael are looking for a place to go after their duplex unit caught fire early Monday morning.

Around 2:30 a.m., Sac Metro firefighters were called out to a duplex on Enfield Street near Manzanita Avenue that was reportedly burning and filled with smoke. Crews were able to quickly put the fire out, and determined the cause of the blaze was an unattended candle.

The fire happened in a bedroom at the back of the home where a woman was sleeping. Her daughter walked in to find the room was burning.

All residents, including their pets, were able to get out safely.

Damage to the building is estimated at $65,000.

Comments

Leave a Reply