SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A vacant building caught fire on Sunday morning.

The fire broke out around 9:40 a.m. at a strip mall in the 7800 block of Greenback lane in the space that used to house the Northridge Music center.

Firefighters had to break into the building, according to a statement from Sacramento Metro Fire Department.

There was no damage to any nearby businesses, but there was water damage to the unit. Damage from the fire is estimated at $50,000.

The cause is believed to have started in the electrical system.

No injuries were reported.

Comments

Leave a Reply