Carlos Correa covers our community through the Stockton News Bureau and can be seen nightly on CBS13.
13 Questions With… Carlos Correa
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in Chicago in the lakefront community known as Edgewater.
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? A trip to the movie theater, a nice restaurant and the gym.
- How did you decide to be a reporter? My fourth grade teacher, Ms. Simms from John Palmer Elementary School in Chicago, introduced me to stoytelling. In 8th grade, I was introduced to TV news by my sister and my uncle, both journalists for NBC 5 at the time.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? My favorite toys included G.I. Joe and Master of the Universe Action Figures.
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? My favorite local place to eat is Octavios on Benjamin Holt in Stockton and the Taco Trucks in downtown Modesto.
- What is your favorite social media platform? Instagram. Find me @carloscorreatv
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? I would be writing books, teaching, or producing documentaries.
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13? I had the opportunity to tell the story of three generations of homeless women living in a shelter and working together to get back on their feet. Amazing, inspiring ladies! Grateful they shared their stories with us. (Watch the story HERE and the update HERE.)
- What is your favorite season? Call me crazy, but I love Winter.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? I wake up at 5 am during the week. On the weekends, around 8 am.
- Why do you love Northern California? The people. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming.
- Where was your best vacation ever? Hawaii. I went a few years ago and it was the best time.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? In person it’s football/baseball. On TV it’s basketball and boxing.
Favorite TV Show? Movie? My favorite TV show, currently, is The Mayans, American Horror Story, Star Trek, and Parks and Recreation. As far as movies: The Godfather Part II, Goodfellas, The Dark Knight, Star Trek, and The Conjuring movies.