Kurtis Ming is the CBS13 consumer investigative reporter and anchors the “Call Kurtis” consumer advocacy program, along with the CBS13 News at 5pm, 10pm, and 11pm on Sunday night.
13 Questions With…. Kurtis Ming
- Where did you grow up? South San Francisco
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Relaxing on the couch
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? The Loma Prieta Earthquake in 1989. I realized the importance of journalists.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? My video camera and bedroom converted into a studio.
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? I enjoy a good Japanese Steakhouse.
- Do you have any pets? 1 dog. She’s cute.
- What is your favorite social media platform? Facebook. You can find me at Facebook.com/CallKurtis
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? Something involving world travel.
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? Too many to count. Covering the aftermath of Katrina was an amazing assignment.
- What is your favorite season? Summer
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? When the dog licks my nose or toes.
- Why do you love Northern California? I love the beauty, the microclimates, and the facts you can be from the beach to the snow in 2-hours.
- Where was your best vacation ever? I have had some amazing trips to Southeast Asia.