Christina Janes anchors the CBS13 News at 4 pm, 5 pm, and 10 pm Monday-Friday.
13 Questions With… Christina Janes
- Where did you grow up? Walnut Creek, CA
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Spending all day with my Husband and Son, doing anything, as long as we are together. (Christina is married to former CBS13 reporter Nick Janes.)
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I have always known I wanted to work in news, at 2, I was using a turkey baster as a microphone and giving a news report in the front yard.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? My Raggedy Anne doll.
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? When we get a quick date night, Nick and I love to eat at Carpe Vino in Auburn, it’s amazing!
- Do you have any pets? We have a Schnoodle named Ted and a cat named Tobey…. To be fair, they are my parent’s pets, but since we don’t have any of our own, I claim them!
- What is your favorite social media platform? I love Twitter and Instagram. You can find my on twitter @tvnewschristina and on Insta at christinajanescbs13! Follow me!!
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? Good work to help people.
- What is your favorite season? I love alllllllllll the seasons, Fall is so pretty with changing leaves, Winter is cozy, Spring brings so much promise of new beginnings, and I love the Summer heat!
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Tony, when you’ve worked together this long, it comes with the territory…. Plus, he’s hilarious!
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? Somewhere between 5:30 and 7 am every single day! When you have a baby, every day is an early wakeup call!
- Why do you love Northern California? Northern California is the most beautiful place to live. There’s something for everyone, the beach, the mountains, Napa…. San Francisco…. There’s so much to do, see, and enjoy. I love it so much.
- Where was your best vacation ever? Our Honeymoon in Kauai.
Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? I like to watch sports any way I can, TV or in person! Baseball (SF Giants) and Football (49ers/SunDevils) are my favorites!