CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – Residents of a Carmichael apartment complex had to evacuate early Wednesday morning due to a fire.

It started just before 4 a.m. off Manzanita Avenue, near Coyle Avenue.

People living in the apartment believe it might have started in a heater.

“I could hear it coming through the roof where the heater is,” said resident Andrea Mahone. “I was just trying to get my kids out.”

Officials say that everyone living in the apartment is now out and safe.

Fire crews remained on scene through the morning hours to make sure the fire is completely out.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s