By CBS13 Staff

MANTECA (CBS13) — Two people were hurt when flames tore through the original Manteca City Hall Tuesday.

The historic building at 123 Sycamore Avenue is now home to several small businesses. Crews say a tenant accidentally started the fire and sustained moderate burns. That person was treated at a local hospital.

READ MORE: Protesters In Placerville Call For Noose To Remain In City's Logo

It took crews about an hour to douse the flames. The fire department says crews found fire on the second floor of the two-story building which escalated and burned through the roof.

READ MORE: Police Responding To Intruder Call Swarm Natomas Home To Discover Roomba As Cleaning Culprit

One firefighter suffered a sprained ankle during the call and was taken to the hospital for treatment, officials said.

MORE NEWS: Family Calls For Help In Finding Missing Modesto Mother Of 2 Allegedly Kidnapped At Gunpoint

Firefighters say the cause of the fire is not suspicious and witnesses are cooperating with the investigation.