By CBS13 Staff

SALIDA (CBS13) — Authorities say a faulty electrical device appears to have caused a fire that destroyed a house in Salida early Tuesday morning.

Scene of the fire early Tuesday morning. (Credit: Modesto Fire Department)

According to the Modesto Fire Department, who responded to assist with the incident, crews responded to the 5000 block of West Wood Drive around 3:30 a.m. and found heavy flames coming from a home.

The home was a total loss. A faulty electrical device in the garage appears to have started the fire, investigators say.

Three people were living at the home. All got out safely, firefighters say.