By CBS13 Staff

CARMICHAEL (CBS13) — Two people have been displaced after an early morning duplex fire in Carmichael.

The extent of the fire inside the duplex. (Credit: Sacramento Metro Fire)

" data-medium-file="https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?w=300" data-large-file="https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?w=420" loading="lazy" class="size-large wp-image-717199" src="https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?w=420" alt="" width="420" height="315" srcset="https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg 2048w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=150,113 150w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=300,225 300w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=768,576 768w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=1024,768 1024w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=1536,1152 1536w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=640,480 640w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=853,640 853w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=1365,1024 1365w, https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15909776/2021/09/E_405ijVIAQg_lb.jpg?resize=1500,1125 1500w" sizes="(max-width: 420px) 100vw, 420px"> The extent of the fire inside the duplex. (Credit: Sacramento Metro Fire)

READ MORE: New Law Makes Getting License Easier For Barbers And Hairstylists In California

Metro Fire says crews responded to the scene on Scranton Circle a little before 3 a.m.

READ MORE: Dinosaur Exhibits Open At Sacramento Zoo

Firefighters went to work quickly and were able to knock the flames down, isolating it to one unit.

It appears the fire started on a patio where the homeowner smoked cigarettes, Metro Fire says. The flames then made their way into the home.

MORE NEWS: Homeless Encampments Cause Concern For Local Businesses As Sacramento Shelters Reach Capacity

No injuries were reported.