RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) — Crews have quickly contained an early morning chimney fire at a Rancho Cordova apartment complex.
The fire was first reported around 1 a.m. at a complex along Data Drive.
READ MORE: SCUSD's New Race And Equity Liaison Talk District's Move To Fire Teacher Who Used N-Word
At approx 1:00am, Metro Fire arrived to a 2 story apartment with flames coming from the exterior chimney top. Crews went inside to find a smoke charged apartment, and initially assisted with evacuation. The fire was contained without any injuries reported. pic.twitter.com/86MlDSyr2M
— Metro Fire of Sacramento (@metrofirepio) January 7, 2022
Firefighters got to the scene and found a two-story apartment with flames coming from the top of the chimney.READ MORE: ‘It’s Just Heartbreaking’: Community Mourns One In Growing Number Of Officer Deaths Involving DUI Drivers
It appears the flames were in the second-floor unit of the chimney. Crews were able to quickly contain the flames, but the first-floor unit also sustained water damage.
No injuries were reported.MORE NEWS: Big Dog, Big Dreams: 185-Pound Bullmastiff Up For Adoption At Sacramento SPCA
Both the first and second floor unit residents have been displaced.