Find out when it’s healthy to resume normal activities outside, or what precautions to take if you do venture outdoors.
- AirNow Current Air Quality
- Purple Air – A good way to track trends in air quality related to particulate matter, but the sensors may register higher numbers than the air actual air quality.
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District – Air quality information for Sacramento County
- Sacramento Opens Cleaner-Air Centers
- Sacramento Region Spare The Air
Fire & Smoke Maps
See which fires are sending smoke into your area and how long experts say it could last.
- Fire & Smoke Map – U.S. EPA and the U.S. Forest Service data from low-cost sensors throughout California
- Cal Fire Incidents Map – Information on fires burning in California, including the start date, acres burned, and containment
- InciWeb – Information on fires burning in California and the rest of the U.S.
- Wildland Fire Air Quality Response Program – Smoke forecast outlook in U.S. Forests
Get a near-real-time view of smoke from fires.
- Greater Sacramento/Tahoe
- North Bay – Includes Vacaville, Fairfield, and Lake Berryessa
- Sierra/Central Valley
- CBS Sacramento Weather Page
- Latest CBS Sacramento Weather Forecasts
- National Weather Service’s Fire Weather Page
- CBS Sacramento Weather App – Download it for iOS or Android
- Making a Clean Room to Keep Out Smoke
- What is Wildfire Smoke & Can It Make Me Sick?
- Stay Safe During a Wildfire
- Health Effects From Smoke
- Wildfire Smoke FAQs
- Protect Yourself from Wildfire Smoke
- Protecting Your Kids from Wildfire Smoke
For even more in-depth smoke resources, check out the California Smoke Information blog.