13 Questions With… Angela Greenwood!
- Where did you grow up? I’m an East Bay Area girl. I was born in Hayward and grew up in Oakley.
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? A perfect day is any day spent my husband and two (soon to be 3!) young kids!
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I’ve always had a passion for writing and reading and storytelling and of course, helping people. I enjoyed watching local news as a child and when I was ten years old, my stepdad took me and my best friend to the theater to see the movie Up Close and Personal. From that day forward, it was my dream to become a TV reporter.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? That’s an easy one. I loved my ten speed bike and my roller blades. My sister and I would spend hours outside strolling the neighborhood, after school and weekends. Special memories, for sure.
- Do you have any pets? No pets yet! But as soon as all the kids are potty trained, we plan to get a puppy. Likely some kind of lab!
- What is your favorite social media platform? I’m not the biggest social media user, but the platform I prefer is Facebook. You can stay updated on my page Angela Greenwood Reporter
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? I would definitely bring something that allowed me to work closely with children or the elderly, my two favorite types of people!
- What is your favorite season? I was born on the first day of spring, so I’m a bit biased. What a beautiful season spring is though!
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? When you have little ones, you don’t need an alarm clock! I’m up no later than 7am every morning (which can be tough when you work nights!)
- Why do you love Northern California? I think the better question is why DON’T I love love Northern California?! I mean, what’s not to love?
- Where was your best vacation ever? No question – Sydney, Australia. Plus, it’s the place where I met my husband, so double win.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? I love a good game of baseball, in person or on TV. Go A’s/Giants!
- Favorite TV show? Movie? My top three favorite movies of all time are Life is Beautiful (an Italian film about the Holocaust. If you haven’t seen it, watch it now!), Forrest Gump and an ode to my childhood – Dirty Dancing.
Request to have Angela speak at an event.