Anna Giles Perlman reports weekdays for CBS13.
16 Questions with Anna Giles
1. Where did you grow up? Las Cruces, New Mexico
2. What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Right now I am very excited to explore wine country in the Sacramento area. I love visiting local wineries, especially ones with good places to sit and enjoy the outdoors! If you have any suggestions send them my way
3. How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? In college I reported for the school TV station and discovered I love learning from people and presenting that information on TV so others can learn too. Sharing is caring!
4. What was your favorite toy growing up? I’d have to say a soccer ball. I played soccer for more than 10 years and tried to earn a college scholarship. However, I quickly discovered I was better at making good grades rather than goals!
5. Where is your favorite local place to eat? So far, the brats at Knobs and Knockers in Old Sac have really impressed me!
6. Do you have any pets? (please include pet details) I have two 80 pound lab rescues who are the sweetest boys you’ll meet. They are named after the M*A*S*H characters Hawkeye and Trapper
7. What is your favorite social media platform? (please include your username) Facebook for sure! You can find me @AnnaGilesTV.
8. If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? My second passion in life has always been international relations. I have a degree specializing in security and diplomacy in the Middle East. I think I would be working at a think tank in D.C.
9. What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31?
10. What is your favorite season? A tie between summer and fall!
11. Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most?
12. When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? 7 am on a workday and noon (if possible) on a weekend (I’m used to the second shift life)
13. Why do you love Northern California? The seemingly unlimited opportunities to explore, whether that’s downtown Sacramento or the Tahoe National Forest!
14. Where was your best vacation ever? I visited Ukraine, but it was actually a work trip! Amazing country with amazing food and people.
15. Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? (Include favorite team(s)) Love watching Hockey in person and on TV. I don’t have a favorite team but I look forward to watching the Sharks play!
16. Favorite TV show? Movie? My favorite TV Show would be King of the Hill. As for movie – that’s tough but I would go with Slumdog Millionaire.