Dave Bender anchors the weather Monday through Friday at 4, 5, 6, 6:30, 10 and 11 p.m. He also hosts the segment “The Bender Show Ender” as well as “The 12 Daves of Christmas,” a CBS13 holiday tradition.
13 Questions With… Dave Bender!
- Where did you grow up? Born and raised in San Diego!
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Spending time with the love of my life, my wife Kelly.
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? During college after making a couple TV appearances on “The Late Show with David Letterman” I became enamored with TV.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? Loved slot cars…..now I love the real cars.
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? Oh there are so many….Renwood Winery in Amador County.
- Do you have any pets? No…footloose and fancy free.
- What is your favorite social media platform? The CBS13 Weather App.
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? Some form of entertainment. I have done improv comedy and have done lot of public Emceeing.
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? Flying with and covering the Air Force Thunderbirds.
- What is your favorite season? Fall….by far.
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? I send Tony Lopez the most emails.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? Around 9am for my workday and as late as possible on the weekends.
- Favorite TV show? Movie? I love “Galaxy Quest,” Tim Allen is a hoot.
Request to have Dave speak at an event.