Elizabeth Klinge anchors the CBS13 News weeknights.
13 Questions with Elizabeth Klinge
1. Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in Iowa. Go Hawkeyes!
2. What is your ideal scenario for a day off?
A LOT of sleep. Then a tasty brunch and a new adventure…preferably outside. I love hiking, running, and I’m always up for trying something new. The most recent addition to the adventure list was bungee jumping in Oregon last fall.
3. How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor?
I loved school growing up and learning new things. Journalism was a great fit because I get to make a living learning about the world around me.
4. What was your favorite toy growing up?
Probably my family’s old VHS camera. My friends and I loved making up our own TV shows. Luckily, YouTube wasn’t a thing yet or they’d be coming back to haunt me.
5. Where is your favorite local place to eat?
I’m new in town so I’ll get back to you on that one! In general, Thai food makes me very happy.
6. Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment. Taking care of a three-year-old human being is enough for now.
7. What is your favorite social media platform?
Instagram for sure. Follow me: @Elizabeth_Klinge
8. If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing?
I love music and have always dreamed of directing music videos.
9. What is your favorite season?
Summer!! (After growing up in Iowa, I’ve experienced enough winter snow and cold to last me a loooong time.)
10. Favorite TV show and movie?
Breaking Bad was so great. A few other recent favorites include Barry and Ozarks. As for movies, I could watch Pulp Fiction and Napoleon Dynamite anytime as well as anything Wes Anderson has directed.
11. When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend?
I’ve worked morning shifts for more than a decade that required getting up at 2 a.m. on a regular basis. So, now waking up at 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. feels amazing…if my daughter allows it!
12. Why do you love Northern California?
Well, moving at the start of the COVID-19 outbreak hasn’t allowed me to explore as much as I’d like to yet. But I’ve been really impressed by how friendly the people are so far…and of course, the weather is a huge plus!
13. Where was your best vacation ever?
My favorite place on earth to visit is the North Shore of Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands. Hanalei Bay was the inspiration for my daughter’s name, Hanalay.