13 Questions With… Jennifer McGraw
- Where did you grow up? In the Los Angeles suburbs. Otherwise known as the Valley. It takes about 20 minutes to go anywhere.
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? I love to travel! Anywhere there’s sunshine and something beautiful to see.
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I was a Journalism major with dreams of writing for the San Francisco Chronicle. My last semester of college I interned at KGO and immediately aspired to be Cheryl Jennings.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? It’s a tie between Barbies and Legos. Oh to have that young imagination again!
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? South, in Downtown Sac. It’s Southern comfort food. The fried chicken is amazing, but secretly the burger is unbelievable.
- Do you have any pets? Yes, a standard poodle named Bug. She’s almost 8-years-old. She’s grey and fuzzy. Loves to swim, hunt squirrels, and takes up most of the bed.
- What is your favorite social media platform? Facebook – Jennifer McGraw CBS13 and Twitter – @NewsMcGraw
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? Working with Make-A-Wish. The most incredible organization helping kids live their own dreams.
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? The 2017 California wildfires were devastating. So many lives lost, so much destruction. But there was also an incredible outpouring of support, strengthening my hope in humanity.
- What is your favorite season? Summer. Floating down the American River or swimming in Pacific off the beaches in Del Mar.
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Macy Jenkins. From morning, noon, to night.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? It’s important to rise early every day, I don’t want to miss a thing!
- Why do you love Northern California? Living in Sacramento, in less than 2 hours you can drive to San Francisco, or tour the Sonoma Valley vineyards, or snow board across the high Sierra. It’s always sunny and there’s an adventure to be had.
- Where was your best vacation ever? A family wedding in Positano, Italy. We ventured all along the Amalfi Coast, to Rome, to the ruins in Pompei.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? Go Big Blue! Born a Los Angeles Dodger, became a Boise State Bronco, and bleed Indianapolis Colts blue!
- Favorite TV show? Movie? I’m a sucker for investigations: Criminal Minds, 48 Hours and my all time favorite movie that withstands anytime of year for me, White Christmas.
Request to have Jennifer speak at an event.