Joe Musso anchors and reports for CBS13 Sports and CBS13 Sports Extra.
13 Questions With… Joe Musso
- Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? My ideal day off starts on the golf course and ends at a restaurant. If I’m not at work I’m most likely working on my game or trying out a new spot in the ever-growing Sac food scene. COURSE AND FOOD RECS WELCOME!
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I’ve always had a knack for writing but my love for the game of football brought me to broadcast journalism. I played in college at Illinois Wesleyan University and got involved with the school paper and basketball broadcasts during my time as a Titan.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? LEGOS or bust.
- What is your favorite social media platform? It’s neck and neck between Twitter @MooseOnAir and Instagram @joeymoose6
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? Kings fans forgive me — but Game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals was like nothing I’d seen before. Watching LeBron single handedly go toe to toe with the Warriors only to have J.R. Smith blow the game. That’s one I’ll never forget.
- What is your favorite season? There are seasons out here…? The Chicagoan in me loves anything above freezing.
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Sara Hodges.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? 8:30a.m on workdays, On off days two hours before my tee time
- Why do you love Northern California? The thing I love most about Northern California is the accessibility. The ‘day trip’ ability out here is second to none.
- Where was your best vacation ever? My best vacation ever was a European marathon junior year of college with 13 of my best friends. I then jumped a plane from London to Mexico to meet with my family for the holidays. It was 22 days that I might still be recovering from.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? In Person: Basketball/Baseball On TV: Football (Da Bears)
- Favorite TV show? Movie? Seinfeld
Request to have Joe speak at an event.