Marissa Perlman reports weekdays for CBS13.
13 Questions with Marissa Perlman
1. Where did you grow up? I grew up just north of Chicago, Illinois in a town called Glenview.
2. What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Taking advantage of all that Sacramento has to offer: Taking a day trip, getting outside for a hike or bike ride, and ending with a great dinner and glass of wine.
3. How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I love people! At 15, I was a youth columnist in my town’s newspaper and fell in love with meeting new and different people every day. I was hooked. I was the editor of my high school paper, went to journalism school at Syracuse University (Go ‘Cuse!), and the rest is history.
4. What was your favorite toy growing up? My sister and I loved Barbies and American Girl Dolls. My poor parents.
5. Where is your favorite local place to eat? Hook and Ladder (It’s also the first restaurant I went to during my interview here!)
6. Do you have any pets? No pets, but I am raising an Asparagus Fern, appropriately named “Fern.”
7. What is your favorite social media platform? I’m image-driven, so I love Instagram: @MGPerlman, but on the job, I use Facebook and Twitter. Follow me and let me tell your story!
8. If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? I love working out and being part of a fitness community. I always say my dream job is to be a spin instructor.
9. What is your favorite season? Fall! The changing leaves are what kept me in New York State for so long. I have a feeling I’m going to love Sacramento in the spring.
10. When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? I’m usually up by 6:30 a.m. during the week to get my stories prepared for the day, and my brain and body moving! Weekends, I won’t set an alarm if I can help it!
11. Why do you love Northern California? What’s not to love? Before Sacramento, I lived in New York State for 10 years. It was time to gift myself some of this beautiful weather. I can’t leave out the opportunities to explore such a beautiful region, the amazing fresh food, but most importantly, the people.
12. Where was your best vacation ever? It’s a tie between exploring southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand) or eating, drinking and shopping my way through Florence and Tuscany with my mom and sister ❤
13. Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? After spending four years in Buffalo, I am an adopted Buffalo Bills fan (I know, pity me), but there is nothing like a Bills tailgate. I love watching Chicago sports, but you will find me glued to college basketball (I am an Orangewoman after all).
16. Favorite TV show? Movie? “How I Met Your Mother” is one of the most underrated shows of all time! “The Green Book” is one of the best movies I’ve seen in years!