Ryan Hill reports on CBS13 News.
13 Questions With… Ryan Hill!
- Where did you grow up? I grew in the Sunshine State! St. Petersburg, Florida is where I call home and I try to go back whenever I can get a chance.
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? My ideal day off is getting a chance to kick back and relax after a long week. I’m also a big sports fan so, I’m definitely eager to check out a Kings game or head to Raley Field for a River Cats game!
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I moved around a lot when I was growing up. (Lived in five states by the time I was 18) So, I enjoyed talking to people, hearing about their stories and where they were from when I moved to a new area. It became secondhand nature for me. Originally, I planned on being a sports anchor or reporter. In my last semester at Arizona State, I started reporting for Cronkite News, got the news bug and I was hooked!
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? Being from Florida, I’m a big seafood fan and I really enjoyed Station 16. I also became a Mexican food fanatic living in El Paso. A great taco plate or anything with green chile is right up my alley!
- What is your favorite social media platform? I’m always looking on Twitter and Facebook for what’s going on in our area. So feel free to follow me on Twitter at @RyanCBS13 or like my Facebook page at @RyanHillCBS13
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? Hmm…that’s a good question. I probably would have tried to find a job with a professional sports team in public relations or marketing.
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? I just started but I’m looking forward to telling some great stories here!
- What is your favorite season? Does the start of the MLB season count? Just kidding! I’d probably say spring.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? Workdays I tend to get up at around 6:00-6:30 a.m. I need coffee in the morning in order to function.
- Why do you love Northern California? I lived in NorCal before from about ’97 to about ’05. It’s a place where I made some of best friends and memories! Kind of hard not to love that.
- Where was your best vacation ever? I’ve traveled quite a bit but one of my favorites was a trip to England and France that I took with my parents back in the day. I’m a big history buff so it was great to learn about the lengthy history of those countries.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? You put a football or baseball game on TV I am locked in! Same thing goes for going to one of those games live!
- Favorite TV show? Movie? My favorite TV show on-air right now is either Snowfall or Yellowstone. My favorite of all-time is The Wire. My favorite movie is either The Departed or Spotlight.