CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. (CBS13) — A major roadway remains closed Monday morning following a deadly accident Sunday evening.

The Citrus Heights Police Department said a 21-year-old motorcyclist was traveling north on Sunrise Boulevard when the rider was killed in a solo vehicle crash. The circumstances leading up to the accident are unclear.

The roadway has been closed at both directions between Arcadia Drive and Sayonara Drive while officials investigate.

The identity of the victim has not been released.

<!–[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]–> <!–[endif]–> <!–[endif]–>
Comments (13)
  1. andi says:

Please send love to this boys family. I would love to know the name of this young man who died so horribly…

2. Biker says:

So sad! Like always they will blame the guy and end the story there.

If anyone would find out more about this. Either the name or any other info. Please let us know here.

3. Ashley says:

I will miss you brandon!!! love you forever and always cuzzo. too young to go but god needed you home!!

1. Ashley says:

My name is Ashley and I call Brandon cuzzo too! I am his cousin from michigan

4. Kim says:

OMG, my heart is breaking for his twin sister and his parents. God, bless you all

5. Biker says:

Ashley, Kim

So what exactly happened? Do you guys know?

1. andi says:

are you family? I’d love to talk with the family about this accident…

6. Alex says:

PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY & FRIENDS… MAY YOU REST IN PEACE BRANDON.

7. Nic says:

I was riding my bicycle down sunrise right after this happened it was very sad to see because I used to have a motorcycle. It was apparent to me that speed played a major factor in this accident. I’m sure if the rider was going the speed limit this would have never happened. I saw all the skid marks, there was another rider there who was a friend of the victim who did not get hurt.

1. RipB says:

the other rider was not a friend but just a passer by who seen a guy down and got to him first.. there was no “race”… and at 530 6ish how much speed can you really pick up on sunrise. As of right now it is still undetermined.. I seen the skid marks and the pieces of the bike left behind as we visited the scene and it broke my heart, but that does not mean we can make our own conclusions to what has happed. Brandon was a very safe rider who was too young to be called home to God, but there was a terrible ACCIDENT…. end of story

8. Robert says:

Nic, how on earth is your half-hearted, lacking-in-understanding comment going to help? Who cares how it happened? He’s dead and all you can do is criticize? Did you ever consider a malfunction in mechanics? Have a heart, man… Leave it alone.

9. A friend says:

It is sad that such a good man is gone. He was a great human bieng, courageous, hard working, a good son, and a wonderful friend. I’ve known him for many years and it is painful for me to accept that he will no longer continue being part of my life. Nic, reserve your comments to yourself, because remember your comments are hurting people who are already hurting, it is completely unnecessary. What happend was a tragic accident that ended the life of a beatiful human bieng who had so much to give and was to young to go. Brandon I miss you terribly, watch over those who loved you. My prayers and condolences to his family.

10. Gina Luna says:

I MISS YOU BRANDON! I BEEN THINKING ABOUT THE ROUND TABLE DAYS WHEN WE WORKED TOGETHER LOL GOOD TIMES…. IM SO SAD AND BEEN EVER SINCE THE NEWS OF YOU PASSING AWAY, YOU MSGD ME ON FACEBOOK HOURS BEFORE THE ACCIDENT SO THATS WHY IM HELLA HURTING! RIP BRANDON! YOU ARE TRULY MISSED HOMIE!!!