CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — A school in Citrus Heights has been shut down pending a criminal investigation of the school’s principal and owner, Robert B. Adams, for child molestation. But several current parents and his family claim he could never hurt a child.

Police closed Creative Frontiers School, located at 6446 Sylvan Road, after an ongoing investigation into molestation claims after at least 10 alleged victims came forward spanning over 15 years, according to Citrus Heights police.

The private preschool and elementary school has been open for 35 years.

“We have made actions today to remove the children from the school to ensure their safety and make sure they are home with their families,” said Citrus Heights Police Officer Bryan Fritsch.

Adams has been named a person of interest, and is not in police custody but investigators say they are focusing their attention on him.

During a meeting Monday night, parents learned the school would be closed indefinitely. At least 80 students had been enrolled in the school’s summer program.

Police also asked the parents to talk to their children to see if they could be victims.

CBS13 spoke with some parents of current students at the school who say they support Adams.

“The kids hug Mr. Bob,” said one parent. “If I had even thought for a minute that something like that was going on, I wouldn’t have my children there.”

“I’m blown away by the allegations,” said another parent who did not want to be identified. “I don’t see how….I don’t see it, no.”

Bob Adam’s family is also speaking out in support. Two of his three daughters are defending the longtime educator saying the allegations are coming from disgruntled parents upset over money for tuition and their kids’ education.

“They have no evidence, but they came in and tore his school down, tore 35 years of his life down,” said Robert Adams’ daughter Tarah Campbell.

Although Adams has not been arrested, he has hired well-known defense attorney Linda Parisi who is upset over what she calls the “aggressive action of law enforcement.”

“It’s really a tragedy,” said Parisi. “I certainly cannot explain this kind of behavior by law enforcement.”

CBS13 tried to speak to Mr. Adams but could not locate him. His daughters say he is “shocked and saddened” by the allegations. The school’s day care license and general business license have been suspended.

Citrus Heights Police Detectives are seeking any information regarding victims that have yet to come forward or information regarding unlawful activity at the school. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Detective Joe Rangel at (916) 727-5849 or our dedicated crime tip line at (916) 727-5524.

Comments (56)
  1. Sue M. says:

This will never get to a jury, because kids make horrible witnesses. I will be surprised if Mr. Bob lives through this, because I imagine it has already broken his heart, which wasn’t healthy to begin with. He was a good educator, and I reserve judgement, not having all the facts. I just know he was very good to my family and gave my kid a chance when other schools would not. And, no, he did not hurt my child, at all, ever. Autistic kids blurt things out, and my kid would have told, being absolutely incapable of keeping secrets.

2. jet says:

FYI Cops are in on the action too…

LA County Deputies Turn To Fraud To Make Up For Pay Cuts

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Steep cuts in overtime pay have forced local sheriff’s deputies to turn to fraud and other illicit sources of income, according to a report released Tuesday.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca’s Office of Independent Review said one deputy torched his own car for a hefty insurance payout, while others fabricated burglary charges and enlisted colleagues to assist in a fraudulent car theft claim.

KNX 1070′s John Brooks reports the agency’s watchdog aren’t surprised by the increase in financial crimes, as many deputies had become dependent on the extra 15 to 20 per cent income.

“Times have been tough, and I think we have seen law enforcement officials getting tied up in financial crimes, said Michael Gennaco, the head of the watchdog unit.

Gennaco said the agency has seen a “significant spike” in the number of financial crimes committed by deputies in the last year.

Starting pay for deputies is about $60,000 a year, but in the past, overtime pay could boost salaries as much as 20 percent higher.

According to Gennaco, the sheriff has agreed to add training measures to get the message to deputies to keep their own spending limited to their base pay.

3. Brenden says:

You parents, all are wrong. You seem to think you know everything about your kids, but you don’t. Think back to when you were a damn kid.

15 years ago
    Child A: Mr bob molested me
    8 years ago
    Child A tells little brother Child B.
    This year
    Child B tells little brother child C to be careful due to what Child A told him.
    Child C tells child D,E,F,G,H,I the rumor.

These children ask there parents, and the parents assume things.

This is one plausible reason, either this, or he is guilty. Your forgetting that little kids like to do what other kids do,

4. Shawn says:

I hope he rots in prison!!!!!!

5. Sue M. says:

So, Brenden, Mr. Bob molested you? You were there, and you have actual facts? Shawn, you have facts? I have several facts. Mrs. Irma, after one year, still couldn’t figure out who MY kid was, even though I called the office at least twice a month to let her know I was picking my kid up early and to please have him ready in the office. Every single time I called, I had to tell her, again, who I was and my student’s name. Someone who works at a school needs to be able to put a kid’s name with a kid’s face and to keep the parents straight. And who works at a school as a volunteer for over a year without pay? Someone with an ulterior motive, that’s who… I was there, for over four years, at odd hours, picking my kid up from the nap room, from the classrooms, from the playgrounds, from the office. My outside agency paid behaviorists never saw anything, and neither did I. That doesn’t mean nothing happened. It just means someone should be considered innocent until proven guilty. My concern is for the kids and the parents who are suddenly without their school and their regular routines.

1. Shawn says:

No facts! But my family just went through somrthing like this. Someone we trusted. We never saw anything either. But it did happen. Why would this many people come forward if it were not true.

6. Sue M. says:

“So many” people came forward at the McMarten preschool, too, and nothing happened. There are lots of reasons for something like this. Private vendetta? Someone wants the land for something else? That’s a nice 11 acres there, check it out, if you can get onsite. Why would Mrs. Irma volunteer without pay for a year? I agree, Mr. Bob was way too huggy for his own good. I just reserve judgment until the man is proven to have committed a crime. Again, I am concerned for the families. Especially my kid, who got NO closure.

7. Shawn says:

I just hope it is not true for the kids and families sake…