MODESTO (CBS13) — A Modesto criminal defense attorney’s office was burglarized just days after he announced a run for district attorney, and he fears it isn’t a coincidence.
Frank Carson believes his office was targeted after he said he was running for Stanislaus County District Attorney in 2014.
Nothing was taken from the office, he says, which leads him to believe there is a connection.
“Files were pulled out, there were papers on the floor as if somebody went through the paperwork,” Carson said. “I think people may be afraid of what I know, or afraid of what may come to light.”
He wouldn’t elaborate on what he meant by that.
No one else has announced they are challenging incumbent Birgit Fladager.
Carson suspects he knows who is behind the break-in, but won’t say until his private investigators follow leads.
“I don’t believe it was just a coincidence, but what I believe, and what I can prove at this point are two different things,” he said.
He says he’s worked in the same office for more than a decade, and this is the first time he’s had a problem.
- $1 Billion PG&E Settlement To Local Governments To Be Used For Infrastructure Needs
- County Shuts Down Casa Linda Motel After Repeated Code Violations
- American River Homeless Crews Work To Clean Up Trash
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Causes Slowdown On I-5 In Woodland, Six Transported To Hosptials
- Plane Recovered From Lake Tulloch, Pilot Remembered For ‘Passion For Flying’