SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Capitals will be leaving town for Las Vegas after the team says it couldn’t find a permanent home.
The Capitals played 28 seasons in Sacramento and won a league-record six Mylan World TeamTennis titles, including 4 straight from 1997 to 2000.
The team will be renamed the Las Vegas Neon for the 39th WTT season.
“The Capitals franchise enjoyed many great years in Sacramento and we will miss our truly dedicated fan base there,” general manager Kolleen McNamee said in a prepared statement. “But we can’t wait to start this new chapter.”
- Report: Sexual Assault Lawsuit Filed Against Kings Coach Luke Walton
- CBS Sports, WNBA Announce Multi-Year Television Partnership
- Hertl Lifts Sharks Past Vegas 2-1 In 20T To Force Game 7
- Headed To Nashville For The NFL Draft? Let CBS13’s Sara Hodges Know!
- Oakland A’s Supporters To Rally At California Capitol Monday