SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested three people in connection to the death of a 77-year-old South Sacramento man.
Leo Curry Jr. was found dead at his 4000 block of Shining Star Drive home back on November 17. Family members had asked authorities to check on Curry after not hearing from him for some time.
Curry’s death was immediately labeled as suspicious after obvious signs of trauma were found on his body. Also, Curry’s car was missing from the driveway.
Investigators soon discovered that Curry had invited a family in need to live at his home. Police allege that this family eventually started to take advantage of the elderly man, stealing his property and money.
An online ad was then found by someone trying to sell Curry’s stolen car. The ad helped lead detectives to the suspects: 37-year-old Michael Moreno, 35-year-old Sandy George and 19-year-old Kevin Moreno.
All three suspects have been booked at Sacramento County Jail.
- Firefighters Called Out Twice In 24 Hours To South Sacramento Home
- Man Arrested In Connection To 15 Robberies At South Sacramento Businesses
- After 5 Months Stuck In A Drainage Ditch, Rescuers Save Coco The Dog
- High-Speed Chase Spans From Citrus Heights To South Sacramento, Driver Arrested
- Fire Burns At South Sacramento Mobile Home Park