SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested three people in connection to the death of a 77-year-old South Sacramento man.
Leo Curry Jr. was found dead at his 4000 block of Shining Star Drive home back on November 17. Family members had asked authorities to check on Curry after not hearing from him for some time.
Curry’s death was immediately labeled as suspicious after obvious signs of trauma were found on his body. Also, Curry’s car was missing from the driveway.
Investigators soon discovered that Curry had invited a family in need to live at his home. Police allege that this family eventually started to take advantage of the elderly man, stealing his property and money.
An online ad was then found by someone trying to sell Curry’s stolen car. The ad helped lead detectives to the suspects: 37-year-old Michael Moreno, 35-year-old Sandy George and 19-year-old Kevin Moreno.
All three suspects have been booked at Sacramento County Jail.
- Two-Year-Old Dies After Being Trapped In Hot Car In South Sacramento
- Shooting Of Pregnant Woman Shatters Neighbor’s Feeling Of Safety
- Charges Possible For Sacramento Man Shot In The Arm By Deputies
- Community Offered Free Counseling To Heal From Stephon Clark Shooting
- Car Wash Controversy Brewing At South Sacramento College Square Development