CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – A Carmichael family dog had a close brush with death during a house fire, and the dramatic event was all caught on video.

Dicky being saved by Metro Fire Department firefighters. (credit: A.J. Nunez)

Fire broke out in the bedroom of a home on Mission Avenue and Arden area on Wednesday evening. All of the occupants were able to get out of the home safely, except for “Dicky” the family dog.

Dicky came to! (credit: A.J. Nunez)

Suffering from smoke inhalation, Dicky was brought out of the home and placed on the ground while firefighters conducted CPR. After he came to he was given oxygen, and moments later, Dicky was up and moving around.

First responders and “Good Samaritans” are protected by law if they help dogs and cats in an emergency. They can provide basic first aid for dogs and cats, including administering oxygen, giving mouth-to-snout ventilation, and bandaging a wound to stop bleeding.

First responders and those without medical training could already provide medical and non-medical care to humans without fear of civil liability; however, the same rules don’t apply to caring for domesticated pets in an emergency.

 

Comments (8)
  1. Richard Stenger says:

    Saw this on Drudge. Went to http://www.PressCalifornia.com for more real California news.

  2. Robert Quinn says:

    Awesome dudes !

  3. Chip Payne says:

    That is so cool! I just pray God Forbid something like that happened to my family a fireman would do that! Firemen and Policemen and Medics are the unselfish saviors of our Country! Give them all the support and help you can!

  4. So glad to see them to this for a dog. They are like members of the family and this is a miracle. Thank you guys so much. Brought tears to my eyes.

  5. God bless those fire fighters!

  6. Tyler Kalmbach says:

    This is toxic masculinity in action

    1. Jeff Mitchell says:

      Why are you such a jerk?

Leave a Reply to Robert Quinn Cancel reply