(AP/CBS) – Lottery officials say the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday’s drawing has ballooned to an estimated $750 million , which would be the fourth-largest grand lottery prize in U.S. history.
A look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:READ MORE: Video Released Of Fatal Officer-Involved Shooting Of Tahoe Park Resident Who Shot At Authorities
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, South Carolina)
3. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
4. $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
5. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)READ MORE: Coroner Identifies Passenger Killed In Wrong-Way DUI Crash On Highway 99
6. $648 million, Mega Millions, Dec. 17, 2013 (two tickets, from California and Georgia)
7. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (one ticket, from Florida)
8. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (two tickets, from Arizona and Missouri)
9. $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015 (three tickets, from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)
10. $559.7 million, Powerball, Jan. 6, 2018 (one ticket, New Hampshire)MORE NEWS: Looting Suspect Accused Of Dozens Of Thefts Arrested In South Lake Tahoe
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.